Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Stanton and Quetta's Prom

Although our time was limited, 
I really enjoyed meeting Stanton and his beautiful date, Quetta 
to take their pictures before they headed off to prom. 
Click on the image to see more photos
When Isabelle contacted me a few weeks ago, I was overly excited when she asked me to photograph this day for her. Of Course I would!!!  Not just because I love taking pictures but because it was a chance to catch up with a old friend, even if ever so briefly.

Stanton's mom and I grew up together. We were pretty good friends as far as I can remember.  Both our younger brothers were also great friends. We lived within walking distance of each others so we spent a fairly good amount of time together. But as it happens all too often when people move away, we lost contact over the years. Fortunately, we both stayed relatively close to where we grew up and as luck would have it, we ran into each other a couple times here and there. We exchanged numbers at some point and recently found each other on Facebook.

The last time I remember running into Isabelle was in Downtown DC less than a couple years ago, but before that she and her boys were at a park where I had been visiting with my mom. It slips my mind why my mom and I were at the park but I remember the day because I was so  happy run into an old friend.

Isabelle and I spoke for a short while. She was in the process of getting her boys together to leave just as I was arriving. Stanton, just a little boy then, was running around the park with the other children doing what kids do best, playing and having a great time. Right before they left, he did come over for a few moments and I got to see him briefly before he and his mom parted. I remember telling my mom, what a bunch of handsome boys Isabelle has and how she has her hands full with what I believe, at the time, was 3 boys!!!!!!! Time flies, because now that young boy is a handsome young man heading off to his senior prom.
Stanton and his Mom.
Although just as handsome, I am quite certain that when I last saw Stanton
he was not towering over his mom this much!!!  


Stanton accompanied the beautiful, Quetta to the prom.


She was just adorable. She said very little but quickly won me over with her beautiful smile. 

I had the pleasure to spend about 45 minutes with them taking pictures. But time flies when you are having fun. It felt like, as quickly as they arrived, they were gone. We said our goodbyes and a small sigh escaped my lips as I watched them drive off to meet the limo.

2 comments: