Thursday, October 18, 2012

Catching Up - September 22 - October 13, 2012


Time is passing by in a flash. Its hard to believe that in just a few short weeks it will be November and soon after that, Christmas and then time to start a new year! Craziness... Even talking it one day at a time, time is still going way too fast.

Looks like it was about September 20 the last time I posted something, so let's catch up...


September 22 - A Bitter Sweet Day

I shot my first church wedding in Upper Marlboro, MD for Eric and Sheila...Awesome couple. I was excited and nervous all at the same time. I arrived early enough to walk around the church and just relax before anyone got there. When everyone arrived, I got some beautiful shots of the bridal party getting ready and my friend was able to get a few of the guys when they arrived.

Everything went nicely. Then it was show time...The bridal party was all lined up. Then the procession of people started down the aisle. I'm in position. First shot. Mother of the groom. Second shot..Father of the groom. Third shot... Boom...Next shot...Nailed it... Next shot...Nice. Next shot...Boom! I got this....Next shot. ... Boom! Awesome! Next shot...NOTHING! Push the shutter button again... Long lag in response. Crap! Quick...Reset. Turn it off; Turn it back on...Next shot...Nothing!!!! Push the shutter button again... NOTHING!  Two couple have now walked down the aisle I'm still fiddling with this camera and no pictures are getting taken. Crap. Try again? NOTHING! Try again? Nothing! Try again? Nothing! NOTHING! NOTHING!! NOTHING!!!

At the realization that my camera was not responding any more, panic rocked my body like nobody's business. There I stood, helpless, dead center of the church, paralyzed with fear. Not helping, was the constant realization,  that the bride will be making her way down the aisle in just a few short moments.

I realized I was panicking and instincts kicked in quickly. I took a deep breath, stilled my pounding heart, found my feet, put one in front of the other and RAN. I grabbed the other camera out of my friend's hand. In one breath, I told him, "it's broke, I don't know whats wrong with it, just please fix it!" and I ran back to my spot to continue shooting.  Luckily everything was set earlier so I had to very little adjustments to make. First shot. Ok...Second shot...Ok... Third shot...I got this. Once I had a working camera  in my hands again relief covered me like freshly fallen snow on Christmas morning. I felt back in control.

From there on out things went as smoothly as could be expected with only one working camera and the lingering thought that my camera may never work again. So lots of ups and downs that day. It was so weird. My camera has never giving me problems before. I guess the poor thing was more nervous than myself and just couldn't take the pressure.


September 30 - Biker Bride

Sheila wanted a few pictures in her wedding gown on her husband's bike. It was decided that we would do this after her big day so that the dress would not get ruined accidentally. When we met up that evening, we found a nice little spot in her backyard and came out with a few really nice shots. 

October 2 - Wise Homecoming

I was able to get a few shots of these two beautiful ladies before they headed off to homecoming.

October 8 - Baby Kyle

One of my best friends had a beautiful baby boy about 2 months ago.  I had not seen her or the little man since she was in the hospital so we meet up at her house to get some updated pictures and just catch up.

He is growing up to be such a handsome little man and she is loving being a mommy!


October 13 - NCHS homecoming

Yes, it's homecoming season, so more homecoming pictures, this time, of Carmesha and part of her crew...


I think that about catches us up. Check them out and "Like" my facebook page for a few more pictures from random happenings.


Stay Blessed, 

Carmen 


Find me Here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment