Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Becoming a Tradition

Besides Fall, Spring is my favorite time of the year. The weather is warming up, the flowers smell so lovely and the vibrant colors are enough to make even the grayest days bright.  As if that was not enough reasons to love spring, I recently came across another event that only happens in the spring! 

On the first day of spring every year (March 20) 
Rita's gives away FREE Italian Ice! 
Sweet, HUH?! 

To my understanding Rita's have been giving away Free Italian Ice on the first day of spring for about 20 years or more. So the word is out and everyone knows to go to Rita's on this day and enjoy free Italian Ice. I have only know about the free Italian Ice on the first day of spring for about 3 years. But needless to say, all three years my family and I have been there to celebrate the first day of spring with Rita's free Italian Ice . I even call to make sure that other family and friends not close by head to a Rita's near them.
So now, in addition to enjoying warmer weather and beautiful colors, 
I also get to look forward to cool drinks and tasty new flavors! 
Thanks Rita's for another great thing to look for every spring!

Spring 2012 - Linthicum, Maryland

Check out Rita's website here:








No comments:

Post a Comment